wisconsinCourtRecords.us is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

CourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by CourtRecords.us for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. CourtRecords.us cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by CourtRecords.us responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, CourtRecords.us will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Wisconsin Court Records

WisconsinCourtRecords.us is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on WisconsinCourtRecords.us are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Wisconsin Inmate Records?

Wisconsin inmate records are public records made available in line with Wisconsin’s Public Records Law. However, exemptions exist for certain records such as protected health information of inmates and juvenile records. 

Wisconsin Inmate records consist of information on all inmates in state prisons, county jails, correctional facilities, and other similar penal institutions in the state. Inmate records may contain:

  • Full name and aliases
  • Date of Birth
  • Race
  • Sex
  • Address 
  • The facility where the inmate is held
  • Sentencing information such as the offense and offense class
  • Department of Corrections number

Inmate records consist of information gotten from the moment the offender is incarcerated. Updates to the status of the inmate are also included. 

How To Find An Inmate In Wisconsin?

To find an inmate in Wisconsin, different processes may be adopted depending on the facility where the inmate is housed. For inmates in state institutions, a search may be conducted at the facility where the inmate is housed. Interested persons may directly contact any Wisconsin state facility using the information provided by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

Alternatively, conduct a search using the Department of Corrections General Public Offender Search tool. Parameters to filter search results include:

  • First name, last name or aliases
  • Race
  • Birth year
  • Gender
  • Department of Corrections number
  • Current status - incarcerated or under active community supervision
  • Address - city, village, town, county and zip code

Interested persons may find inmates in county jails by using online search tools available on several county websites. For instance, requestors may use the Racine County’s inmate search to find an inmate in the county. Note that some counties, such as Bayfield County, allow inmate searches through Vinelink, a third-party platform.

Using Vinelink, select Wisconsin from the drop-down menu and choose the option to search for an offender. The search may be filtered using the offender ID or the offender’s first and last name. Advanced searches allow requestors to specify the facility where the inmate is held. Persons may also search using the date of birth and age range of the inmate. 

Some counties in Wisconsin adopt an online inmate roster. For instance, Waukesha County offers a current inmate list that is updated hourly and contains the inmate’s full name and location.  

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Wisconsin?

The Federal Correctional Institution, Oxford, is the only federal facility in Wisconsin. To find an inmate at this facility, call 608–584–5511. Alternatively, visit the prison at 

350 Elk Avenue

Oxford, WI 53952

Requestors may also find federal inmates in Wisconsin through the inmate locator provided by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP). Searches conducted via this tool may be filtered by number or name.

To search by number, provide one of the following numbers:

  • Bureau of Prisons number
  • Federal Bureau of Investigations number
  • District of Columbia Department of Corrections (DCDC) number
  • Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) number

To search by name, provide the following information:

  • First name
  • Middle name
  • Last name
  • Age
  • Gender
  • Race

Note that the Bureau of Prisons does not provide records of inmates incarcerated or released before 1982. Interested persons may access these records from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).  

To search for an inmate through NARA, provide all available information on the inmate, such as a full name, ID number, and gender. Also, include the requestor’s name and contact details. NARA requests are available via the following means:

  • Online through the Request and Order Reproductions section on the website
  • By calling NARA on 1–866–272–6272
  • By sending a written request with all available details by mail to

The National Archives and Records Administration

8601 Adelphi Road

College Park, MD 20740–6001

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Wisconsin?

To find inmate records in Wisconsin prisons, requestors may directly contact the facility where the inmate is held. Note that the facility may charge a fee for this service.

However, if the specific facility is unknown, the requestor may find records by contacting the Wisconsin Department of Corrections. Interested persons may send a written request by email. Ensure that the request contains detailed information about the inmate records sought. The requestor must also include personal details, including contact information.

Additionally, interested persons may contact the Wisconsin Department of Corrections by calling (608) 240–5000 or sending a mail to:

3099 East Washington Ave

Madison, WI 53704

Physical copies of inmate records from the DOC are available for 15 cents per page. Requestors may also access electronic copies for 7 cents. An additional $10 fee applies for certified copies. Note that these costs are in addition to other charges, such as postage and shipping. Also, if the total cost of obtaining the record is more than $50, the DOC will charge an hourly rate of salaries and benefits for the worker least qualified to carry out the task.

To find inmate records of inmates in county jails, visit the county sheriff’s office. Requestors may also make a formal written request to the sheriff’s office with details of the records sought. Contact information for Wisconsin sheriff’s offices is available on their respective websites.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Wisconsin?

The Wisconsin Department of Corrections and county jails allow inmates to receive funds in their commissary accounts. The Department of Corrections does not permit money to be sent directly to the facilities where inmates are housed. 

Funds may be sent to inmates in state prisons through third-party platforms such as Access Corrections Secure Deposit and CashPayToday. Depositors may send funds online, by phone, mail, and in person. 

To make payments online, register on the Access Corrections website, or download the Access Corrections app available on Google Play and the Apple Store. The depositor will need to provide a full name, address, city, zip code, phone number, birth date, email address, and password to create an account. Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted. Note that a service fee applies.

To make a payment over the phone, call (866) 345–1884 and follow the instructions. Operators are available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. A service fee also applies. 

To make a payment via mail, print and complete a Wisconsin DOC Money Order/ Check Deposit Slip. This slip is also available at the lobbies of the various facilities. A completed slip should include the amount to be sent, inmate’s DOC number, offender’s name, sender’s name, sender’s date of birth, and sender’s address. All writing must be made in blue or black ink and must be legible. Additional materials, such as pictures or letters, are not to be included. Cashier’s checks, money orders or personal checks should be made payable to Access Secure Deposits and sent to 

Wisconsin DOC,

P. O. Box 12486,

St Louis, MO 63132.

There are no service fees for using this method.

To make a payment in person, visit a CashPayToday site, and make a payment in cash. For this method, card payments are not accepted.  

To put money on inmate’s book in county jails, different processes may be adopted. In Racine County, the payer may contact the nearest MoneyGram agent and provide the inmate’s name, correctional ID number, Racine County Jail code, and the amount to be sent. Interested persons are advised to visit the jail’s website for more information.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!